Many techies – and non-techies – find it difficult to mention the difference between React Js and React Native. Given that both frameworks share the same parents, many novice developers can’t really point out the difference between the two.
In this article, you will discover the answer to the question “What is the difference between React Js and React Native?” and also know which is better React Js or React Native.
Several contributors customized the React Native framework in order to build the desktop application for Windows and Mac, which is quite remarkable.
The workflow and syntax of React Native are similar to that of ReactJS; however, the components are different.
The Difference between ReactJS and React Native
The main difference between these two technologies is that while React Native is used for making mobile apps from scratch, ReactJS is used for building websites.
However, if you already have an existing app, and all you want to do is to add a new feature or something to it without having to change the code of the entire app, React Native is your best option.
Users can add the components of React Native to the code of an application that is already in use. If, for instance, your existing app was built with Ionic and Cordova, reusing your Cordova-based code with the help of a plugin becomes easy.
Capability and Prowess
ReactJS facilitates Boosting SEO for Web Apps: ReactJS was initially designed with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) in mind. A node must be used for rendering on the server of the user.
Although there are several similar tools to provide this vantage point of the server to rendering, these tools are susceptible to unstable hacks. Moreover, a considerable amount of developer support is highly required for full maintenance.
React Native is used for creating native APIs for the rendering of UI parts that can be used repeatedly on both iOS and Android platforms. ReactJS, on the other hand, harnesses the power of the virtual DOM (document object model) for creating better UX.
How They Work
ReactJS makes use of ‘p’ against ‘text’ in React Native, and ‘div’ in ReactJS is used instead of ‘view’ for React Native.
Virtual DOM for ReactJS: The DOM (document object model) has to do with the logical structure of the document as well as the way it is accessed and manipulated. It generally takes time to create DOMs which are usually large these days.
However, ReactJS can complete this procedure seamlessly and within a short time by making use of a virtual DOM that helps in making quicker updates while creating dynamic UIs. This is done by making use of an abstract copy of DOM and making the necessary changes to ‘one-component’ and influencing the overall UI.
Getting Started with ReactJS and React Native
But on top of that, one needs to grasp view, text as well as image components of React Native development. Therefore, learning React will not only make users a web developer but a mobile app developer as well. The learning curve of these technologies is small, i.e. it would require a few months of intense learning to be quite efficient at development.
ReactJS could take several months to get used to with redux, JSX, and one-way binding since these are not traditional web development terminologies. However, React Native can only be created on top of React.
Moreover, ReactJS focuses more on the development end while React Native is all about designing and development. You will need to work with native components such as view, text, and image.
Designing vs. Development
ReactJS is basically for web development; however, there may be a separate designer for ReactJS front end who manages the UX version of the websites.
But with React Native, you need to be fully equipped with both designing and development. In reality, mobile app development is nothing but both in one.
Competition of ReactJS vs. React Native
ReactJS’s biggest competitor is Angular, created by the search engine giant, Google. Angular is an innovative framework that has come to redefine web development. The framework has introduced some of the coolest things in the web development universe, which include dependency injection, two-way data binding, etc.
React builds nothing but native applications; therefore, hybrid apps framework like Apache Cordova, etc. is one of the biggest competitors as if web applications could be used as mobile apps, thereby saving lots of money in the long run.
Business Advantage of Using ReactJS
The following are some of the business advantages of ReactJS:
Document Object Model (DOM) is known as a viewing agreement on both data inputs and outputs. ReactJS’s virtual document object model is much faster than the traditional full refresh model since the former refreshes only parts of the page.
The super exciting part is that the team at Facebook was not really aware that partially refreshing a web page would be faster. Facebook was looking hard for a way to minimize their re-build time, and partial document object model refresh was a happy and blessed coincidence as it significantly increases faster programming and performance.
A complete rendering of your web pages right from the server to the browser will significantly improve the SEO of your web application.
ReactJS is unbelievably readable, even by those who are not familiar with the framework. Many other frameworks out there require you to learn a very extensive list of concepts that cannot be useful anywhere else but within the framework. ReactJS, however, strives to do the exact opposite.
One can reuse code components in ReactJS, thereby saving you a lot of time because you do not have to change the entire coding of the app.
ReactJS also significantly improves the speed of debugging the system, thereby making the life of the best react developer easier.
Business Advantages while Working with React Native
Here are the benefits of working with React Native:
1. React Native comes with every advantage that React JS has. And since React focuses more on a better UI, the entire benefits also remain.
2. React Native comes with Native components and Native Modules that enhance performance. Unlike PhoneGap, Cordova as well as other cross-platform frameworks that generate code via WebView, React Native renders reliable code components with native APIs.
4. React Native comes with a component-based structure that allows the best react developer to build applications with a more active, web-style approach to development than the majority of the hybrid frameworks out there and without any web in the least bit.
5. You don’t have to build the same app for Android and iOS separately as React Native enables your developers to utilize the common logic layer.
6. There is no need to overhaul or inspect and repair your old application. You can add React Native UI components into the existing application’s code without necessarily rewriting it.
7. Native application development usually implies a slower time to deployment, inefficiency as well as less productivity of the developer. The entirety of React Native has to do with bringing high responsiveness, speed as well as the agility of web app development as well as the best user experience to the hybrid space along with effectual processing to providing users with a native application experience.
8. Animations have always played an essential role in the implementation of successful UX and UI for mobile applications. React Native provides much better and seamless animations – when compared to other frameworks – since the codes are readily converted to native views.
9. Users love React Native because of its simple integration process. You can easily synchronize your hybrid application with other compatible apps. The integration process is seamless, simple, and user-friendly.
10. For instance, working with a device’s native app camera, GPS or messaging provides smooth UX and is also compatible with the majority of the hybrid application out there.
11. React Native comes with cross-platform compatibility, which allows developers to make use of a single component that works on both iOS and Android. A developer can, therefore, enjoy the advantages of performance and animations without writing any code.
What is Better: React or React Native?
The value of any app and website depends primarily on numerous parameters like attractive user interface, user-friendliness, eye-catching design, hassle-free navigation, etc. Most businesses usually look for a forum that is highly resilient, functional, and grants easy access to apps.
This brings to the question: Which is better, React Js or React Native
React Native is, the best choice for decoration that will make a website very impressive. The framework assists organizations in deploying highly functional admin-panel.
The cross-platform nature of React Native significantly minimizes time-to-market while the ready-to-use components and libraries make the application truly special. The framework can be used for Android as well as cross-platform mobile applications.
React Native components are TabBar, View, Navigator, TextInput, ScrollView, Text, etc. All these components make use of the native Android UI components and iOS UI Kit internally.
Now the difference between React Native and React Js is clear and you can decide which is best for your project in question. One thing is sure, as long as you use the right developer, you will definitely get good results.