Why should startups choose Flutter when planning to launch a mobile app development? This is a question that most bootstrappers or startups ask when they are unsure of which direction to go. Starting your startup on the wrong foot will put you out of business faster than you can blink and will add you to the statistics of the ‘90 percent of startups that fail every year.’
If you want to understand the logic behind things like on page or off page SEO techniques, then you should keep reading.
Flutter is one of the leading mobile app development technologies that have continued to make a lot of impact in the mobile app industry. It is revolutionary, and many regard the platform as era-defining, thanks to the ease of creating cross-platform applications with native user experience.
Flutter has the support of the most prominent search engine in the world – i.e., Google – and has created a niche presence for creating high-quality mobile applications, not only at a faster pace but also with an obvious cost advantage. And that is why Flutter for Mobile App Development is presently the most preferred solution for startups looking to boost their businesses.
What is a Startup?
A startup is a small but budding organization equipped with the ability to upscale without maximum or minimum employee count. Startups are, in most cases, young ventures that are driven by a passionate entrepreneur or group of entrepreneurs.
Startups have limited budgets because they are small companies but are looking to generate revenue via their products and services.
Entrepreneurs usually start their companies with a fantastic and profitable idea. They typically look for people – or angel investors – or organizations that can invest or join so that the concept becomes a reality. Funding is a fundamental requirement for research, development, testing, and marketing, as these will enable your startup to build a solid and credible brand image.
In order to boost profits and minimize expenses, startups are always on the lookout for the best platform for building mobile applications that will deliver. And one of the best platforms that most startups turn to these days is Flutter.
Moreover, Flutter is even backed by global brands and trustable names like Tencent, Alibaba, Hamilton Musical, etc. leading to improved trustworthiness of the platform and reliability. This has cleared all doubts as regards its remarkable performance in the highly competitive tech world.
What is Flutter?
Flutter is a power-packed, feature-based platform that is heavily backed by Dart Language developed by Google. It is an open-source SDK (Software Development Kit) launched by the #1 search engine for developing scalable, high-performing, and robust mobile applications for multiple operating systems via a single codebase.
The platform provides a robust framework for mobile application development. It is loaded with a wide array of advanced features, out-of-the-box fixes, multiple helpful widgets, and so much more.
Moreover, the platform offers users excellent community support, along with several tutorial guides. Mobile app developers with a little experience can get started on this cross-platform framework without any hassle.
Flutter for Mobile App Development: The Dilemma that Startups Face
The #1 dilemma faced by most startups as well as developers while developing mobile applications that will appeal to new and existing customers is the choice between cross-platform apps and native applications.
As you well know, the tech world keeps evolving and moving almost at break-neck speed. And businesses looking to increase their customer base should not focus on just two operating systems. Since customers are varied and use different operating systems to access the web, it makes a lot of sense to serve several platforms all at once.
For instance, there are presently more than 3.1 billion tablets and smartphones actively connected to one network or the other and can access the internet at any time. These mobile devices run on different operating systems such as iOS, Android, or Windows.
The cross-platform capabilities of emerging technologies – of which Flutter is one of the latest – have made it possible for mobile apps to serve numerous platforms using a single development phase and without sacrificing quality or user experience.
There are over 1.84 million mobile apps available in Apple’s app store and 2.7 million apps in Google Play Store. Mobile app development is now the urgent need of the hour for businesses of all sizes and across all domains.
And this implies that there are several platform options available for startups to develop mobile applications. However, why should startups choose Flutter for mobile app development? The answer to this question has been dealt with in this article, so read on.
Advantages of Flutter for Mobile App Development
Well, Flutter has several benefits that appeal to and attracts both business owners and mobile app developers. Here are some of the advantages of Flutter for mobile app development:
- Ease of DevelopmentFlutter uses a single codebase platform, which makes it easy for developers to create different mobile applications. This is because the platform has its code libraries, as well as a vast community of professional developers already set up.This makes Flutter incredibly easy to use as it requires far less effort by developers to build mobile applications. The libraries and design tools set up by Google have significantly eased the entire process even more considerably, making it suitable to work on compared to any other app development platform.
- Low-Cost App development Startups with limited budgets may not be able to invest a great deal of money for native app development. The primary reason for this costly venture is that app developers have no choice but to write different codes to develop mobile apps for various operating systems.On the other hand, however, a single code base has been used to build mobile apps that work flawlessly on multiple platforms. This significantly reduces mobile app maintenance costs, which is something that startups will appreciate very much.
- To Overcome the Challenges of Cross-platform DevelopmentIonic and React Native has faced considerable challenges, including performance and user experience. Flutter, therefore, came as a new ray of hope, thereby giving cross-platform products a new vision. Flutter perfectly bridges the gap between cross-platform development and native app development. This enhances user experience in fantastic ways for startups or new businesses.
- High Performance and EfficientFlutter mobile apps provide optimum efficiency and excellent performance for any device and platform, especially when it comes to the project’s output. The platform also offers a low-footprint, lean, and lightweight output in addition to efficient development processes, performance, navigational ease, and loading speed. With Flutter, you can build mobile applications that remain highly competitive to APIs built with high-performing, robust frameworks like React, Vue, etc. This cross-platform framework also offers a great platform optimized design, thanks to custom widgets.
- Lower Testing TimeIt takes far less time to test and qualify a single application built on a single codebase as ideal than other mobile apps based on different codebases and tested on various platforms.Flutter for Mobile App Development further eases the process, thus making it easier to do so.
- Keep Up the Spirit of EntrepreneurshipStartups usually face this challenge of enhancing the spirit of efficacy and initiation since these are what entrepreneurship is based on. It is relatively common for new businesses to fail when it comes to balancing growth as well as continuous maintenance, which affects the efficiency of entrepreneurs.The Flutter platform is easy and straightforward and helps new businesses or startups remain highly productive and efficient within a short time. This makes it easier for entrepreneurs to focus and work on much better things.
- Plugins are Easy to UseDevelopers have a wide range of plugins choices – when it comes to developing a cross-platform app – which makes the entire mobile application development process flawless and more comfortable.
- Code ReusabilityOne of the most significant advantages of this remarkable cross-platform app development framework is the reusability of code. One code can be used for multiple platforms. This saves developers at least half of the coding time they devote to developing native mobile applications.
- Lower Learning CurveCross-platform app developers will have no challenge with Flutter since the framework comes with a clean structure as well as a reserve of pre-designed tools. These tools help to make app development processes less time-consuming and easier, thus significantly lowering the learning curve.With Flutter, a mobile app development project becomes user-focused and massively streamlined. The framework has a substantial library of pre-designed and code attributes, making it incredibly easier to set up the project.
- Firebase as the Back-endFirebase is a robust back-end solution provided by Google and comes packed with Flutter. This back-end makes the framework a more compelling and excellent choice for mobile app development organizations.Flutter, when coupled with Firebase, delivers out-of-the-box and robust support, hosting solution, real-time database, user authentication protocols as well as different key back-end features.The features of Firebase back-end are significant to startups as this helps them to cut down their back-end development processes along with related costs. The Firebase automation tool for app release makes the mobile app launch – and updating – easier and seamless.
Why Should Startups Choose Flutter?
Flutter is super-stuffed with an impressive number of excellent and amazing features or aspects that make up a great, high-performing, and innovative mobile application.
Flutter was launched in 2018 and has become incredibly popular for creating high-performance mobile applications quickly. This has made the cross-platform framework the ideal technology solution for creating a minimum viable product (MVP) application with a limited budget.
What is the Future of Flutter Applications?
Google is presently working on a new platform known as Fuchsia, and this has remained one of the hottest and trending topics in the tech universe. The good thing about this ongoing development – and which Flutter mobile app developers are happy about – is that Fuchsia will be based on Flutter.
Fuchsia is yet to be officially released, and it relies heavily on Flutter for its basic developmental coding and remarkable designs. This new platform will, therefore, become the center for the major ‘Internet of Things’ (IoT), which is alleged to be one of the most crucial aspects in the world soon.
It is believed that the impact created by the release of the new platform called Fuchsia is going to ramp up the image of Flutter in the market significantly. And soon, Flutter for Mobile App Development will be one of the leading cross-platform industry in the market.
Flutter for Mobile App Development will continually grow in the business world, and startups or upcoming businesses will turn to this remarkable cross-platform framework for their mobile application needs.
Flutter is backed with credible documents and credentials and global leaders and brands that have a lot of pull in the tech universe. Flutter mobile applications currently make up to 0.2 percent of the mobile applications available with a 0.06 percent install rate, according to AppBrain.
Startups with limited budgets are always looking to grow and expand, using the bootstrapped financial model. And that is why they turn to Flutter for developing feature-rich and innovative mobile applications. If utilized efficiently, this cross-platform framework will help startups not only grow but also expand in the highly competitive business world with better code libraries, designs, widgets, and back-end support.
Why should startups choose Flutter for Mobile App Development? The reasons are numerous and have been thoroughly discussed in this article. If you are a new business or plan to launch one soon, look no further than Flutter for your mobile application needs.